Merry Christmas! A Time of New Beginnings
Posted by Russ Irwin
Posted on 19th Dec, 2016
Merry Christmas from the Irwin & Associates Coaching team!
Christmas and the New Year are a perfect time for all of us to look back and reflect upon our year and our lives so far. Surrounded by friends, family, and Christmas merriment, it’s easy to keep a positive mindset while both thinking of accomplishments and taking stock of where you want to make changes.
Reflection is so important – in fact, you can’t make any progress unless you reflect on where you are now – but it’s not your last step. I encourage everyone to really think about the changes you want to make in your life and what you can do in the year to come to push yourself toward your full potential.
I’ve said before that life has seasons, and although they don’t always line up with the external seasons, I have found that at Christmas time people tend to be in the “winter season” (taking inventory of where you are and digging deep). At New Years, many of us enter the internal spring season (letting go of what was and embracing dreams).
Allow these moods to sweep over you. The New Year is a time for new beginnings and for you to make a real commitment to achieving your goals and dreams – to reaching peak performance in your career and in your life.
If you are the type who makes New Year resolutions, choose something this year that aligns with your passions and strengths, and that will help you become who you want to be. Then as you go through 2017, don’t consider that resolution a “should-do” – if you are to create an extraordinary life, that resolution needs to be a “must-do”.
Christmas Charity Giving – City Kidz in Hamilton
As well as a time of new beginnings and fresh starts, the holidays are a time of giving and charity. This year, please consider allocating some of your charitable giving to an organization I truly admire and believe in: City Kidz in Hamilton.
This fantastic organization is dedicated to improving the lives of children who are living in poverty, empowering them to dream big dreams and reach their full potential despite challenging circumstances.
- Gift of Christmas: Providing a warm Christmas meal, a festive party with friends, and a gift hand-delivered to their door on Christmas Eve.
- Toy Drive: Giving the joy of a Christmas gift.
Please consider donating to support their hard work. Click here to go to the City Kidz website.
I hope you and your families are able to enjoy the gifts and spirit of Christmas together, and that you have joy in the New Year!
Coaching with Irwin & Associates will help you achieve lasting personal and professional transformations in alignment with your goals and dreams. Take your first step now at a complimentary consultation.
Like this? You might also like:
- What Do I Have to Do to Experience Sustainable Success [Video]
- NOW Is Your Time
- Navigating Life’s Transitions [Video]
- Why You Must Embrace Vulnerability [TED Talk Video] - February 15, 2017
- Do You Have a Plan for Success that Is Unique to You? [Video] - January 10, 2017
- Merry Christmas! A Time of New Beginnings - December 19, 2016
- Turning “Shoulds” into “Musts”: The Path to Peak Performance - December 6, 2016
- What Do I Have to Do to Experience Sustainable Success? [Video] - November 15, 2016
- NOW Is Your Time - November 1, 2016
- Navigating Life’s Transitions [Video] - October 18, 2016
- Picking Up the Pieces when You Feel Broken and Lost - October 4, 2016
- Life Has Seasons: Are You Planting or Harvesting? - September 20, 2016
- Great Success Requires a Map… and Knowing Where You’re Currently Standing - September 6, 2016