Executive coaching is a one-on-one session between a coach and an executive. The aim is to enhance the personal performance and leadership of the executive.
This coaching is a powerful process that supports change and goal attainment by helping you to understand your individual management style, how well your approach is working for you, and how you can work more effectively within the company’s culture.
Executive coaching may be right for you if you find yourself asking these questions:
- Have efforts to change myself, my team, or my company been disappointing?
- How can we develop new ways to attack old problems, instead of simply repeating the same mistakes?
- How well do our senior executives meet the challenge of leading and developing others in the organization?
- How are we building the capabilities of individuals who have been identified as future organizational leaders?
- How well are our current executives dealing with the rapidly evolving work environment?
Your coach will take the time to get to know you and create a written plan tailored specifically for you that reflects your goals and aspirations. It will be reviewed with you regularly and updated or adjusted to reflect major changes in circumstances or life events. This long-term plan – in writing – will keep you on track and provide important peace of mind.
Executive coaching can take place either within your organization or corporation, or as a unique individual relationship outside the organization’s boundaries.